There are many feelings about motherhood but your experience with motherhood is what matters most.
As your body changes and doctor’s visits mount up, your mental and emotional health are of the utmost importance. This is a major life adjustment and feeling overwhelmed can be the tip of the iceberg amongst the gamut of emotions that you are likely experiencing, or not experiencing.
The confidential space of the therapy room, can afford you some of the support you need as you adjust to pregnancy, motherhood, or cope with the difficulty of pregnancy loss. Engaging in maternal mental health care can be comforting and affirming, and you deserve to experience that.
Contrary to popular belief, post-partum depression and anxiety symptoms are real and more common than some may think. If you are a new or expectant mother, or experienced pregnancy loss, Healing Starts Here understands that hormones changes, personal and family history, and social support, are all vital factors in understanding and alleviating symptoms. We want to support you!
Prenatal Depressive Symptoms include:
- Intense guilt or Remorse about the pregnancy
- Trouble feeling connected to the pregnancy
- Sad or Depressed Mood
- Trouble sleeping
- Low mood or Fatigue
- Loss of enjoyment in once pleasurable activities
- Increased Anxiety
Common postpartum symptoms include:
- Feeling overwhelmed and wondering if you should have become a mother in the first place
- Feeling guilty due to high self-expectations
- Not feeling “bonded” with the baby
- Your thoughts are racing and you can’t quiet your mind
- Feeling empty and numb as if you’re just going through the motions
- Lack of focus and concentration
- Being afraid that if you reach out for help, others will judge your inabilities
- Thoughts of running away or leaving your baby behind
- Being constantly in a state of worry
If one or more of the above symptoms resonates with you, we invite you to contact Healing Starts Here today for a free consultation. Together, we’ll journey through this time in your life as you seek peace, fulfillment, and healing.